WHO CAN APPLY?
Local community groups, voluntary organisations and charities which must be of a non-commercial nature.
The group or charity must be based in the Parish of Central Swindon North or in the immediate vicinity. National or regional organisations will not be considered. Any grant application must be seen to be of benefit to residents of the Parish of Central Swindon North.
HOW CAN THE GRANTS BE USED AND HOW ARE THEY DECIDED?
- Grants can normally only be used for capital projects and not for revenue support.
- Only one grant per applicant will be given by the Council in a financial year.
- The Finance & Staffing Committee has been delegated authority to make the decision whether a Section 137 grant will be made.
- Grants can only be given up to the amount held in the budget for Section 137 grants, which is agreed by Full Council as part of the budget process.
WHEN AND HOW SHOULD AN APPLICATION BE MADE?
- The Council will accept applications at any time during the financial year.
- All applications are to be made on a form that can be obtained from the Parish Manager.
WHAT IS REQUIRED WITH THE APPLICATION?
- Full and complete copies of your signed, certified and audited accounts for the last year. If your organisation has been in existence for less than that period, copies of your bank statements for last 3 months.
- A detailed budget plan and supporting evidence.
- Evidence of other awards towards the project, eg lottery funding, other bodies.
WHAT WILL NOT NORMALLY BE FUNDED?
- The activities of political organisations.
- The activities of religious organisations, unless they can show they operate clear and open community activities which do not require membership or connection to the organisation and that the application will be of benefit to the community.
- Organisations based outside of the United Kingdom and/or who do not operate in Pound Sterling.
- General operational, revenue and maintenance costs.
- Events that have already occurred, equipment already purchased, works already started or completed.
- Repayment of loans or cost of services, equipment or provisions in anticipation of a grant.
- Organisations that have a closed or offer restricted membership.
- Organisations that are the responsibility of another public body/agency, however some form of matched/joint funding might be considered.
- The grant can only be used for the purpose stated in the application and the Council reserves the right to reclaim any grant not being used for the specified purpose of the application.
- The organisation is responsible for ensuring the grant is used for the purpose for which it is granted.
- Organisations are responsible for ensuring that they are in compliance with all legal and statutory requirements.
- Should for any reason the organisation disband during the period of the grant the Council may ask for all or part of the monies to be paid back.
- Prior approval of the Council is required if any change of purpose of the grant is required.
- Acknowledgement of the financial support received from the Council is required on documentation and any promotional literature or other media operation.
- To be eligible for a grant an organisation shall not discriminate on grounds of racial origin, gender, disability, age, ( except for obvious reasons, such as becoming a member of a Youth club), and political or religious persuasion.
- Normally only one grant per applicant will be made in a financial year.
- More than one project may be comprised in a grant application
- Should any of these conditions not be met it could result in the award being withdrawn and future grant applications being refused.
- Grant applications can only be submitted on the form attached to this page. Submissions received by email, telephone or letter WILL NOT be considered.
- Once your application is received you will be contacted by the Grants Manager who may have questions to check its eligibility. Grants can only be approved by the Councils Finance & Staffing Committee which meets every first Tuesday of the month. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide personal representation to your request.